Jaclyn Elizabeth Events: Inside the design studio

Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Spring Fling!


Spring is nature's way of saying "Let's Party!" ~ Robin Williams

Robin Williams got it right with that! While it's great to have a party anytime of year, I think spring is one of the best times. You're finally at that point where you can start having guests mingle both inside and outside, you can bring out the ol' grill that's been sitting in the garage (or if you're like me, under a couple of feet of snow!) and feel comfortable without a million layers on! Think of all of the parties you can host during the spring months: Easter, Mother's Day, Memorial day, BBQ's... and many more!

While it's still in the teens and twenties in Minnesota, I'm thinking Spring! I'm so ready for it! Check out some of our favorite spring table centerpieces, place cards and parties... I bet it will get you thinking ahead to spring too!


A beautiful Easter garden table! Photo: Southern Living

Martha Stewart never ceases to amaze me with her table decorating skills!

I love how simple, yet classic, this table setting looks. Great for a Mother's Day brunch! Photo: Country Living

Wouldn't these be cute for a garden party?! Simple DIY favors are the best! Photo: Country Living

A great centerpiece for an Easter dinner! Photo: Martha Stewart

How awesome is this!? Cut-up limes with tulips - now that's what I call spring-y! Photo: Southern Living

I love this kid-friendly Easter table shown on Southern Living

This centerpiece is so versatile, you could use it for any spring-themed party! I love how clean and simple it looks - yet is still the focal point for your table. Photo: Martha Stewart

I must tell you, daisies are by far my favorite flower. I love this place setting not only for its daisy, but because the colors are so bright and cheery. Photo: Country Living

I love how this box stands out against the tablecloth and how it represents spring so much - from the bright blue to the robin-egg candies to the simple white flower. So pretty! Photo: Country Living

I think this would be a tear-jerker for any mother or grandmother receiving it as a gift for Mother's Day. Display some of your kids' drawings and photos, and voila - you've got a special, one of a kind, vase for a very special mom (or grandma). Photo: Country Living

Another simple and creative (and inexpensive!) DIY favor for your guests from Martha Stewart!


What do you vision when you think spring parties?

1 comment: